As we all know, regular exercise combined with a proper diet are the keys to have a healthier body and lifestyle, no wonder why people desire so much to become healthy and fit everyday.
Unfortunately, our daily work hinders us to spend time becoming physically active. But, what if you combine exercise and work? Is it possible?
Well, if you badly need a sound answer to this need, then you should try using a hybrid bike going to work as it is the best possible way for you to juggle your time exercising and working.
Below is the comprehensive list of the benefits of using a bike to commute to work:
- Riding an urban bike to work promotes physical activity and is considered to be one of the most time-efficient ways to combine regular exercise with your everyday routine.
- Bike as a mode of transport is a good alternative for stationary (sitting) time spent in driving motor vehicles or using trams, trains or buses.
- Cycling is good for people of different ages especially older adults and can become an enjoyable recreation too as compared to indoor exercises.
- Using a bike as medium of exercise will not require you so much physical skill unlike some other sports. Most people know how to ride a bike and, once you learn, you don’t forget.
- Using bike to work does not cause you fatigue because it is classified as a low-impact exercise meaning, it causes less strain and injuries than most other forms of exercise.
- It fortifies and engages your legs and joints thus increasing your muscle flexibility, strength, joint mobility and overall stamina. In addition to this, biking promotes cardiovascular fitness and reduces body fat levels. Biking alone can do this to your body hence, you do not have to find additional time for working out every single day with it.
- Since any physical activity can keep you away from the after effects of a sedentary lifestyle, then we can conclude that using a carbon road bike can protect you away from serious type of diseases such as obesity, heart disease, cancer, mental illness, diabetes and arthritis.
- Using bikes in general can reduce stress. In fact, most scientific research shows that biking helps ease stress. Statistics shows that bike commuters have reported lower stress levels than their counterparts using cars and mass transit, as found in a New Economics Foundation study last year.
- Biking to work is very low-cost and it can save you from spending money for gas and transport fare in going to work.
- Since biking is a form of recreation that keeps your mind relaxed, it is a good way to start your day to work to set your mind at the beginning of the day and to release tension and stress due to work at the end of the day. This goes to show that biking is not just for physical health but for emotional and mental health as well.